Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

As promised.................

Early morn? Late noon? answers on a postcard please.
Where's my breakfast? Are you doing my breakfast? Is that my breakfast? Is that you? Is that my bucket? Where's my breakfast?








Early morning water fill, note to self, extra sockage next time!

Err-hem... a selfie (on the way to the water, part one)

That looks like the sea in the distance, but it's just the view
As promised here are some random pics.  I think you can click on them for a better look.  (I think).  Even when it is raining I enjoy being here.  Me, who used to huddle indoors with the lights and the telly on.  I don't come every day 'cos Ness works shifts and sometimes it's a rush but it's still good, all good.

There's a whole water saga* with a steep hill involved which is a killer on the stumpy legs.  Haven't had a shock from the electric fence yet but there's still time harhar.  I climb through the gaps you can see there as we never go through the gates for some inexplicable reason.  Much leg-cocking and hilarity and almost face planting in the mud. 
Oh the mud....you can't see it here but trust me there is much, much muddy areas that we plodge through (still good, all good).

I feel nearly, almost, should whisper really so as not to wake the shit fairy, normal-ish. 

We've had the sudden death of The FW's good friend which was a nasty shock and totally unnecessary, but he was in denial of his diabetes diagnosis.  It has been a horrid time and not yet over due to pm and delayed funeral etc.  I have been drafted to fill the gap in the pub quiz team, which I had started to do a couple of weeks before and had sat opposite the guy whilst he was obviously in distress but brushed off all concern.  I have insisted this is temporary as I am not a pub person.

There has been a knitty wooly club started and I went with trepidation expecting to be a beginner type with my little efforts and have found myself teaching someone to crochet and 'ahem' doing it better than the lady running it (ooops).  I am better than I thought.  How did that happen??

I have also taken home an application form for a new charity shop and am trying to figure out a good half day to give them.  I will have to organise my time better.  I hope they can wait for me or I may miss the boat again.

So this is what I have been up to, there's probably more that I have forgotten and I know there are better pics. 

Much lovings to you all,
x

* It's pathetic but someone is nicking the water from the butt, who and why we don't know yet.  I will do some arse kicking when I find out as it's my stumpy legs that have to go up the steep, oh, steep steep hill.

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely there! I can't tell on the first shot but I would guess morning.

    Thanks so much for commenting on my Reading While Crocheting post. I can certainly do a tutorial on repairing crochet from the middle, but it may take me some time to get to it.(My list of December must-dos is already way longer than I'd like.) I thought Vashti Braha had a post on this topic, but I can't find it (was hoping to get off with sending you a link!). :)

    I understand about keeping your blog separate from "real life". I try to do the same - though there are a few small areas of overlap. Especially my husband, who sometimes feels that I spend a bit too much time on this blogging business. I tell him it keeps me busy and happy and out of trouble.

    I'm very sorry to hear about the death of the FW's friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my lovely. There's no desparate rush for the tute. I was fascinated by the idea of fixing something without a complete frog. Oh I have frogged many hours work in mere seconds and then lost heart. I still feel like a novice crocheter because of my self-doubt.
      D's death has given The FW something to think about, ie that I actually know what I'm talking about regarding what you consume and your health.
      I'm going to google Vashti Braha and take a look.
      Love your blog.
      x

      Delete
  2. Fab pictures. Sorry to hear about your friend. I have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. It took me a while to get my head around the changes I had to make to my diet but I'm getting there. You sound happy in your writings and enjoying life. Keep up the good work with your knitting and crochet.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see photos - so glad that life seems **shhh don't wake the sh*t fairy* to be pottering on nicely. Well done on the crochet front x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments. It is lovely to see them. I will try and write more often once Chrimbage is over and I have time to breathe out.
    Shoo, Shit Fairy, shoo.
    xx
    PS gonna nag Ness for the tres hilaire pics of my stick antics!

    ReplyDelete

This is a place for me, to try and make sense of my world, and my place in it. My family and friends do not know about this, I need some privacy, peace and freedom.
Please don' t leave unkind comments, I have enough of that in 'real life'.